While here, please check out my pictures of:
brake burns (aka burnouts, brodies, brake stands, etc.)
and, my church supper/fireman's breakfast/luncheon and tea reviews
Here's the original post, enjoy!:
Inspired by Kevin Kelly's recent blog post about books that changed his life, here is my list:
- Total Loss Farm (and eventually everything by Raymond Mungo)--helped me get in touch with my folks' Back to the Land roots
- Living the Good Life--see above, can't remember which one I read first...inspired me to keep living in the sticks!
- Earth by David Brin--amazing. how come all the sci fi i read is coming true?
- Mother of Storms by John Barnes--see above, it's coming true....made me feel like i knew what was coming...
- Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson--pretty much everything by him as well. it's like he's the voice of my times....made me feel 'at home' in this modern world.
- Forest Primeval by Chris Maser--gave me a new understanding for forest ecology
- Clay's Ark by Octavia E. Butler--what can i say, she is a genius, also expanded my mind when it came to gender
- The Marketplace by Laura Antoniou--shocked me at times, and...you know.
- The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson--made me realize i was not the only weirdo out there
- T.A.Z. and Immediatism by Hakim Bey--One of the first books I read as an adult that really resonated with me politically and socially
- Soft Tech by Co-Evolution Quarterly--because it just made sense!