Friday 2 November 2007

Conquerall Mills Soup and Sandwich Luncheon

Conquerall Mills Community Hall
Soup and Sandwich Luncheon
Conquerall Mills, Nova Scotia
Oct. 27, 2007

These are hard to pass up. Imagine an endless supply of little sandwiches filled with all manner of good things: egg salad (with onion and without...ya gotta get it with onions!, turkey salad made from REAL turkey, ham and cheese slices, mayo and cucumber, mayo and tomato.....sadly no devilled ham. I guess we were too late.

Soups were from scratch and delightful. Turkey, a very smoky split pea and ham were our choices...both were the perfect antidote to a fall afternoon.

I was a train wreck that afternoon, a veritable bull in a china shop. I kept smashing my leg against the table when I would go to stand up. Spilling our teas all over the table. Repeatedly. Sorry for the mess I left behind!

And then came....the dessert table...oh man, the desserts....sorry some of them turned out blurry...:


The coffee cake in the foreground was amazing!








I think this might be my favourite picture of the lot..

The moral of this story, is arrive early if you want the devilled ham sandwiches!


No comments: